A great deal of learning and experimenting – challenging and lots of fun.Luis Carvalho
The Systemic Agility Team Facilitation workshop will help you develop the attitudes and learn the skills of an effective Agile team facilitator. You will learn and practice techniques and behaviours from the worlds of professional facilitation and creative problem solving, in the context of meetings such as Planning Meetings, Retrospectives, Creative Thinking and Design Thinking workshops. Participants will leave the course feeling empowered with skills, models and styles of facilitating to unite, focus and mobilise self-organising teams.
The Agile Team Facilitator Role
Team Agility Facilitators foster collaboration amongst team members. Here we introduce you to the attitudes and behaviours that make a good (even great) facilitator. You will have the chance to reflect on your own personality characteristics and when certain characteristics are useful (or not).
Development Path for Agile Coaching
Additional skills are required as one advances along the Agile Coaching development path. These include not only facilitation skills but also professional coaching, mentoring, teaching, and consulting skills.
Designing and Setting Up Meetings
A lot of the work around facilitation is thinking work in advance of a meeting or workshop. In this part of the course you will encounter tools and techniques for use before, during, and after meetings and workshops.
Facilitating a Meeting
As this training is particularly experiential, you will have the opportunity to facilitate parts of meetings and to receive feedback from peers, using the facilitation tools and skills learned.
Maintaining awareness of our own style of working, and of other styles, allows us to facilitate more meaningful and inclusive team dialogues. Here you will learn about your own working styles, and consider what changes you might want to make to your working style profile.
Facilitating Agile Practices
In this part of the course you will be presented with approaches to facilitating practices such as standup meetings, planning meetings, retrospectives, and design thinking workshops. You will experience witnessing and facilitating these activities.
Skillful Facilitation Techniques
This part of the course offers approaches for working with different stages of team maturity and team development, and working with team dysfunctions.
Tools and Practices You’ll Explore
- Host Leadership – why as facilitators we need to move from serving to hosting, and how we might do that
- The Pentagons of Agile Coaching – your strengths, stances and limitations as a facilitator
- The 12P Co-Facilitator Canvas – a tool for designing and (co-)facilitating meetings and workshops like a pro, taking every little detail into consideration
- The Double Diamond Meeting – a meeting and workshop flow from end to end that delivers results for any creative process or retrospective
- Decision Rights – who gets to decide? collaborative decision-making is key for creative teams
- StrongSuits – games for facilitating and promoting better communication in teams
- Dysfunctional Improv – role playing dysfunctional meeting behaviours and how to navigate them
- Creative & Design Thinking – tools for getting those creative juices flowing in teams
- And several more…
Those who participate in the full course will be issued with the Team Agility Facilitation certificate issued by Systemic Agility and the Agile Team Facilitator (ICP-ATF) certificate issued by ICAgile.