Overview of Enterprise Agility Foundations
Pretty certain this has been my favourite course I’ve ever taken. Thanks Patrick Verdonk for facilitating and thanks to the rest of the class for making our time together so wonderful.Course Participant, Enterprise Transformation with Lean Change Management, March 2022
Ryan is a fantastic instructor, communicator and listener who is incredibly knowledgeable and reads the room well.Yvonne Torrent-Lim, VP Transformation & Delivery Excellence at MOI Global
It has given me a lot of ideas, techniques and tools that I will be trying at workJames Kirk, Lean-Agile Coach and Transformation Specialist, 4Com
Sometimes, as change agents, we forget that organisations are social systems. While our brains desperately want change to follow a linear and standardised progression, we know complex organisational change never has, and never will, work that way.
Enterprise Agility Foundations is designed to help you understand the aspects and lay the foundations for enterprise agility.
Who this course is designed for
Enterprise Agility Foundations is designed for agile coaches at the enterprise and portfolio level, transformational leaders who want to increase their coaching mindset, or anyone aspiring to these roles. It is also relevant for professionals with a strong background in change management and/or organisational design who have a curiosity about agile approaches at the enterprise level.
- Organisational and Business Complexity and interconnectedness
- Enhancing Business Agility in an age of disruption
- Enterprise Agile Coaching in context
- Organisational Structures and Processes that enhance or hinder agility
- Enterprise Lean-Agile Frameworks in context
- Metrics that Matter
- Case Study: An opportunity to apply the learnings through a company-wide agile transformation
Tools and Practices You’ll Explore
- Ecocycle Planning – using the cycles of nature to address planning and change
- Waves of Change – When to swim with or against the currents of change
- Exceptional 8 – the eight intangible attributes of an exceptional change agent
- Applying Pirate Metrics to change
- Boundary Spanning Leadership and Facilitation
- Systemic Mapping and Constellations
- And several more…
This course is dual certified by Lean Change Management (Enterprise Agile Coaching) and ICAgile (ICP-ENT).
Overview of Coaching Agile Transformations
What a great course. I really felt stretched, in a good way.Course Participant, Coaching Agile Transitions with Lean Change Management, February 2021
I have a firmer grasp of the actual change challenges I’m navigating right now and have a number of actions and experiments that are clear to me after some of the activities and discussions that happened during the course.Helgi Gudmundsson, Organisational & Leadership Coach
Coaching Agile Transformations with Lean Change Management is a co-created, feedback-driven approach to change management inspired by the latest ideas from Agile, Lean Startup, Change Management, Design Thinking and Complexity Thinking, plus original ideas and tools from the Lean Change Management toolkit.
Who this course is designed for
Coaching Agile Transformations is designed for agile coaches at the enterprise and portfolio level, transformational leaders who want to increase their coaching mindset, or anyone aspiring to these roles. It is also relevant for professionals with a strong background in change management and/or organisational design who have a curiosity about agile approaches at the enterprise level.
This course will help you answer questions like
- How can we integrate change management to transition to agile ways of working in an agile way?
- How can we apply agile practices to complex agile transformation programmes?
- How can we reduce uncertainty by iterating our way through change?
- How can we reframe resistance to change by changing how we think about change?
- Introduction: Why are you here? What is the ultimate question you hope to have answered?
- The Change Agent: It starts with you. Meaningful change happens when you bring your whole self to work
- The Lean Change Management Cycle and 5 Universals of Change
- Agile Change Management: Overview of the Agile values and principles, and how you can apply that thinking to change management.
- The Ecosystem of Change: How to use light-weight tools for change readiness, change liftoffs, and ongoing facilitation of change.
- Alignment: Practices for communication, creating alignment, and providing visibility and transparency.
- Experiments: How to move away from change activities and towards change experiments.
- Response to Change: We’ll explore how different people respond to change differently, and how you, the change agent, can navigate that complexity
- Coaching at the Enterprise level: Working with leaders and leadership teams
- Culture & Leadership Styles: Understanding diverse culture and leadership styles creates the natural and positive friction that moves transformation forward
- Lean Coffee with Jason Little: An opportunity to ask any questions to the group, including Lean Change Management founder Jason Little.
Tools and Practices You’ll Explore
- Perspective and Organisational Mapping
- Change Canvases, Visual Work Management
- Applying Agile, Lean Startup and Design Thinking to Change
- Experiment creation and prioritisation
- Satir Interaction Model
- The 5 Universals of Change
- The 8 Dimensions of Leadership
- Leadership Awareness with StrongSuits™
- And several more…
More Past Participant Feedback
Ryan is very experienced not only in lean change management, but also as a coach.Maria Lusky, Scrum Master at AOE
I’ve met some great people who I want to stay in contact with and I learned a lot of valuable tools and techniques that I will be able to use in the future.Amy Wright, Principal Agile Transformation Consultant at PA Consulting
This course is dual certified by Lean Change Management (Coaching Agile Transformations) and ICAgile (ICP-CAT).
Frequently Asked Questions
Is certification included in the costs?
Yes. This Deep Dive is quadruple certified. All participants who attend and participate in a full course will be issued with the ICAgile knowledge-based certificates ICP-ENT (Agility in the Enterprise) and ICP-CAT (Coaching Agile Transformations). In addition, participants will receive the Lean Change Management Enterprise Agile Coaching and Coaching Agile Transformations certifications.
Is this just two back-to-back courses? Can I attend one course and not the other?
No. We’ve interwoven the two courses into one transformative deep dive journey into the best of Enterprise Agility, Enterprise Coaching, and Lean Change.
About the Trainers
Ryan is an enterprise agility facilitator, coach, trainer and management consultant. He works with groups, teams, managers and leaders to navigate complexity and foster greater strategic alignment, agility, creativity, and more effective communication and teamwork. He also helps individuals to uncover their natural strengths and limiting patterns and to make decisions that align with who they are, what they have to offer and what others need from them.
He’s coached, trained and mentored hundreds of managers, coaches and facilitators in agile approaches to management, leadership, coaching and facilitation. He’s the co-designer of accredited workshops and trainings in team agility coaching, team agility facilitation, enterprise agility coaching, coaching agile transformations and lean change management. He also runs peer supervision circles for agile coaches.
Prior to coaching and facilitation Ryan spent a decade in the city of London as an e-commerce software developer and senior project manager in multi-national consulting firms. He’s coached and consulted in almost every industry including retail, supply chain, publishing, government, travel, cloud software, education, investment banking, wealth management, fintech, telco, energy and data analytics.
He holds an electrical engineering degree from the University of Cape Town, an MBA from Warwick Business School and over a dozen certifications including being a trained Professional Coach (ICF), Systemic Constellator (organisational and family), Lego Serious Play facilitator, StrongSuits® trainer and Action Learning facilitator.
Patrick is a long time Change Agent and Facilitator, Trainer and Consultant. Over the past decades he has been actively involved in multiple reorganisations and mergers, and has trained dozens of managers, coaches and facilitators in agile and people-oriented approaches to change management. He is the co-designer of highly acclaimed industry-certified courses in enterprise agile coaching, and translator of Jason Little’s Lean Change Management book in Spanish.
Patrick is a highly experienced professional and has a proven track record of bringing teams and managers together to communicate, collaborate and adapt to change in large scale programmes and multi-stakeholder environments in industries spanning banking, retail, pharma, software development, gaming, cyber security and others.
Before going solo, Patrick worked for over 20 years as an international (The Netherlands, France, Belgium and Spain) internal consultant and change facilitator in the Telecom sector, working actively on worldwide reorganisations and mergers. He has always believed in a People Approach to change. Through training and facilitation, he helps people and teams understand how to adapt consciously and continuously to reach their aspirations through the application of Lean Change.
He holds an electrical engineering degree from the University of Applied Sciences of Amsterdam, an MBA from the Flanders Business School (part of the KU Leuven in Belgium) and internationally recognised certifications in Change, Agility and Agility in HR.