Past Participant Feedback
“Just finished the best course I have ever done. I have so many tools to start with now and a completely new way of thinking and approaching team leadership. I cannot wait to start applying them on Monday morning, and enabling a happy, engaged, productive team. Thank you Ryan for facilitating such a great course.”
–James Oliver, Team Lead of Customer Analytics: Customer Value at Unitymedia
“I wholeheartedly recommend the 2-day course to shake off any cobwebs on your change/coaching/OD playbook and learn new ways to energise teams, engage organisations and make work work for people!”
–Fabienne Saez-Tomlin, Talent & Change Consultant, PA Consulting Group
The Management 3.0 Foundation Course is a collection of the latest management and leadership practices, to inspire team members and managers to transform their teams and organisations to be more engaged, innovative, and highly productive.
Participants will experience theory and practice in small chunks, reflect on inspiring stories, work through fun games and exercises and focused group discussions. The goal of the course is to inspire participants to take action to improve themselves, their teams, and their organisations.
- Getting To Know You addresses the themes of interconnectedness, empathy, and working virtually with geographically dispersed teams.
- Management & Leadership looks at the common challenges of management in transformations around the world, and the necessity of good management in any organisation.
- Complexity Thinking lays the foundation for the following Management 3.0 themes. It explains why traditional linear thinking is not appropriate in today’s world and why it should be replaced by thinking in complex adaptive systems. Guidelines for dealing with complexity are addressed and explored.
- Energise People explores the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation, the ten intrinsic desires, and ways to increase engagement.
- Empower Teams illustrates stories on self-organisation and how managers can create the conditions for successful, self-organised teams. You will learn how to create empowerment and autonomy, distribute effective authorisation and decision-making in the organisation and grow relationships based on trust.
- Align Constraints revolves around setting goals and a sense of purpose that channels self-organisation in the desired direction. You will learn the criteria to set inspiring goals, and the challenges of growing a company culture.
- Grow Structure illustrates how organisational structures can be catalysts or barriers to growth. This session helps the manager to develop the best organisational structure to facilitate communication and to find the best mix of teams between specialisation and generalisation.
- Develop Competence gives ways of improving learning and development in order to grow high performing teams, and ways of giving good feedback to improve as individuals and as teams.
- Improve Everything gives valuable suggestions on how we can foster continuous improvement and innovation, and ways to decrease the fear of failure and increase the culture of experimentation in the workplace.
More Past Participant Feedback
“This is the best course I’ve attended in a long time. It was so motivating to learn with a group of people who want management to be about empowerment and it has inspired me to push for change in my organisation, through experimentation of course!”
–Sarah Schofield, Delivery Manager – Mudano
“Ryan proved to be an experienced facilitator who smoothly led us through the training. He shared his extensive knowledge, touching many areas, also outside of the content of the course. He asked thought-provoking questions, navigated skillfully the discussions and exercises, shared interesting insights, was able to give a lot of recommendations of books, videos etc. to support his arguments and inspire us even more. He was also able to create an open, collaborative learning atmosphere. Appreciated his sense of humor too:) “
–Sandra Policht, Knowledge Consultant – Project Coordinator at SAP Hybris
“Thoughtful with lots of real-world examples and a wide range of knowledge.”
–Grank Mckenna, Development Manager at energyhelpline
“Ryan was fantastic. He ran the workshop very well, involved everyone and kept the learning enjoyable.”
–Mehmood Hasan, Enterprise Agile Coach at Financial Conduct Authority