„I am the kind of person that learns from experience rather than books, hence I signed up for the coaching circle. I wanted to hear from the experiences of others – and also contribute mine.
Participating in the monthly circle meetings did not only help me develop solutions and next steps for my own challenges and project situations I was facing at the time. It also gave me an opportunity to enhance my coaching skills by helping other participants to explore the scenarios they shared. Joint reflection in the group certainly helped me grow my skills in the agile field.“Nicole N., Muenster, Germany
What is a coaching circle?
A coaching circle is a small closed group of 6-8 circle members who meet regularly over several months. During each session, circle members have the opportunity to support and coach each other on current work challenges or issues, all with the support of experienced faculty members who are coaches, facilitators and trainers in their various disciplines.
What’s the benefit of being part of a coaching circle?
Being an agile coach or enterprise agile coach or leader can often be quite a lonely place. People in such roles often spend the majority of their time supporting others whilst themselves feeling unsupported. A coaching circle is a safe place to explore their fears and concerns and to work through problems and stuck patterns that often they’re not able to work through on their own.
Other benefits of coaching circles:
- Receive support in finding new creative solutions to challenges or issues in your day-to-day work as a coach or practitioner
- Work through issues relating to you and your work teams, allowing you to go back and approach them with confidence
- Develop yourself and your career
- Learn from the experiences of others
- Enhance team working and collaboration skills
- Develop problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Enhance your ability to reflect on and learn from individual and collective experiences
- Develop awareness of how individual behaviours, attitudes and assumptions impact on individual and team performance
In addition you will:
- Learn and share techniques from the world of creative problem solving, group facilitation, group supervision and group process
- Experience and share techniques from Agile Coaching and Enterprise Agile Coaching
- Experience Fish Bowls, Lean Coffees, Hot Seats, Action Learning Sets, Dialogue, Systemic Coaching and Constellations, and other methods from the world of Agile and professional coaching and facilitation
- Practice reflective learning both individually and as a group
- Receive support on your progress month-by-month
- Develop networks and relationships with fellow coaches that are deeper than most work relationships
The circles are particularly relevant to coaches, facilitators and change agents supporting teams and organisations in catalysing and supporting team and organisational agility. It is particularly relevant to Agile Coaches, Enterprise Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Change Agents, Change Leaders or people in similar roles.
Frequency and Timings:
Circles run in blocks of 6 sessions. Each session lasts 3 hours.